Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone Experience Issues with CCBs?

mybandit

2023 CT5 BW, 9900 miles. I'm still getting used to how the car drives so this may be 100% normal (never had CCBs before). I noticed recently when I go to reverse into a spot or any low speed turn, I get a sort of slipping sensation in the left front wheel. Almost like the car is pushing through like you would feel understeer on a track. This only happens at lower speeds, slowing the backup into a spot, creeping forward on a yield condition ramp, etc. I cannot replicate it all the time but it feels essentially feels like the brake is slipping.

Visual inspection for what its worth, everything looked fine. Pads have full life and I don't notice any vibration at higher speed braking. I haven't paid attention but I don't even think there is a noise associated.

2023 CT5 BW, 9900 miles. I'm still getting used to how the car drives so this may be 100% normal (never had CCBs before). I noticed recently when I go to reverse into a spot or any low speed turn, I get a sort of slipping sensation in the left front wheel. Almost like the car is pushing through like you would feel understeer on a track. This only happens at lower speeds, slowing the backup into a spot, creeping forward on a yield condition ramp, etc. I cannot replicate it all the time but it feels essentially feels like the brake is slipping.

Visual inspection for what its worth, everything looked fine. Pads have full life and I don't notice any vibration at higher speed braking. I haven't paid attention but I don't even think there is a noise associated.
I have CCB's. Haven't noticed anything like that. Have you had your alignment checked? It is sometimes off from the factory.

Maybe Ackermann effect?

Maybe Ackermann effect?
I was thinking the same thing, except I had no idea how to describe it, let alone awareness it has a name. When I back out of my drive, there is a manhole, sorry, personhole, cover in the street and when one of the front tires hits it, I feel the slip. Same thing happens on painted lines, puddles, or any debris the reduces traction when backing up at low speed. I've noticed it for years, on various platforms, so just grew to understand its normal at high steering angles.

I have CCB's as well. no issues like that here.

I'm pretty sure (except for the creeping up [I assume with the wheels pointed straight] on a yield) that it is Mr. Ackerman doing his work, rather than an issue with the CCBs.

Huh, you truly do learn something new everyday. I've never heard of that but that probably explains it! I've been driving a Chevy SS of some sort for the past 10 years so I'm definitely hyper sensitive to any difference for the coming months. Thanks for the help!

That article makes it sounds like the C7 'Vette allowed more Ackerman for the sake of tighter turns in parking lots.

There's NO WAY the 5BW has anything like that. It takes more room to turn than probably any vehicle I've ever driven - which unsurprisingly does not include trucks. But I bet there are trucks that turn tighter............

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom