Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

5BW Rear wheel liner missing screws?

KatyTxCT5V

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing
While working on my car, I noticed both rear wheel liners (bottom front) were very easy to push back towards the tire. Upon further inspection, there are 4 holes with nuts, but no screws and no marks showing previous screws. I can’t understand why each bottom is not secured. I want to put screws to secure both sides and can’t see any issues if I do. There is a plastic push plug inside the wheel liner roughly 5” up.

Can someone please check to see if this is normal from the factory on a 5BW?

Not sure if it matters, but my car is a 2022 with iron brakes and originally without any carbon packages (CF1 & CF2).

Thanks,
IMG_2778.jpeg

While working on my car, I noticed both rear wheel liners (bottom front) were very easy to push back towards the tire. Upon further inspection, there are 4 holes with nuts, but no screws and no marks showing previous screws. I can’t understand why each bottom is not secured. I want to put screws to secure both sides and can’t see any issues if I do. There is a plastic push plug inside the wheel liner roughly 5” up.

Not sure if it matters, but my car is a 2022 with iron brakes and originally without any carbon packages (CF1 & CF2).

Thanks,
View attachment 27782
Mine were also missing. The non BWs I think are supposed to come with a wind deflector here.

My fender actually would pull away at high speeds and rub against the wheel to the point it wore a hole in the fender. I got some fasteners from amazon and secured these and the problem went away.

Thanks for the replies. I had 6 of the GM style screws with washers (same as used for the front splitter and other areas) and put 3 on each side. I noticed the plastic cover it screws into can flap and hit the body as I could see a rub mark and make a rattle. After I added the screws it secured the wheel line, plastic cover and rocker all together nice and tight.

Just checked mine - 2023 built fall of 23 - and it's missing screws, too. What fasteners are you guys using? None in my box seemed to fit quite right.

Too funny! I was actually planning on installing mine this coming weekend (I finally have a lift!). Right after your post showing the screws, I ordered some from Amazon that will be here tomorrow so I can spend a few minutes screwing things in and feeling like a real mechanic under my car.

Well then, maybe they figured out on 24’s the screws were needed. After I put the screws, everything is nice and secured.

Thanks,
View attachment 27782
that is really odd, I also was missing screws in the same spot. When I brought my car into the dealer for a cracked windshield replacement i mentioned it and they added new screws.

I thought that my PPF guy may have forgot to reinstall them but couldn’t phantom why the factory would leave them off.

I did buy mine from Amazon and they were significantly cheaper than the dealer, so I have extras. Better to have them screwed in, at high speed it may rub against the tire.

So I guess someone at the factory was out to lunch?

@Neveready were the screws missing from your 22 or your 24 car?

The screen shot I posted to share is how I found the part number and then was able to see they were the same in my deflector package. Yeah, no way to over pay the dealer as I found the same on Amazon for $10 for a 20 pack as well. I bought to have some around in case I find more missing, lol.

My 24. I never checked the 22. They were missing from both sides in the rear, my 24 was manufactured in Sept 23. I added 5 to the right rear side and ran out of time so I had the dealer do the other side.

@KatyTxCT5V

Late to the party..................but, here's a picture of my left rear.

2024 CT5-V Blackwing. Build date 11/23

Front of rear tire:
20241012_141011.jpg

Behind rear tire:
20241012_140948.jpg

Last edited:
My 22 5BW has all the screws. The assembly robot ran out of screws and thought it was good enough.

After reading this I figured I'd check my '22 4BW. I felt under there and sure enough mine is missing those too, three on each side like the 5BW. Conveniently, I still have over 40 screws left over after adding the factory CF parts.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom