Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2650 Blower from Kong?

99bluebird

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
ct5v blackwing 22
So I emailed Kong and they thought the 2650 blower would fit fine on the 5vbw. However I don't see it officially offered by tapout or any other companies for the blackwing, have only seen a couple stray installs. Will it become more commonly available soon? Is the tuning still the hold up?
I am getting the mods itch, but don't want to do the 1.7 x port and pulleys and lid and tb if the 2650 blower will yield bigger gains overall.

So what would be the expected differences between the LT4 X port and the 2650? Both seem to be around 700hp running 12-15psi. Is there more earlier torque with the 2650?

You can run the 2650 all day long at those power levels, whereas the 1.7 turns into a heat pump after 2-3 pulls.

I have a max effort 1.7 setup and it does get pretty warm quick even with all the available cooling mods installed. heat exchanger and expansion tank. With that said it does make good power. When doing extremely long highway pulls think 160+ plus that's when I think you would really see a massive difference in the 2650 IMO as well as it being cooler all around.

You can run the 2650 all day long at those power levels, whereas the 1.7 turns into a heat pump after 2-3 pulls.

I have a max effort 1.7 setup and it does get pretty warm quick even with all the available cooling mods installed. heat exchanger and expansion tank. With that said it does make good power. When doing extremely long highway pulls think 160+ plus that's when I think you would really see a massive difference in the 2650 IMO as well as it being cooler all around.
Plus dont forget the cost. X-port, TB, underpulley, you're already at roughly $3.5K when said and done. Then you're looking at another $1800 for extra cooling (HX and tank) in trying to keep it cooler. Another $1K if you decide you want a fancy lid like me. :ROFLMAO:

Save the money, sell your stock blower and you're closer to just going with a 2650.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom