Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Steering wheel data plate

Jack Tors: please see #11 & 12 above. Pretty easy to see what it should be. 4(1 or 6 auto or manual)-(last 3 of your VIN)
There is conflicting information on this, however the last three digits are the series of the build spec rather than the VIN. I assumed that the dealer and GM parts could figure this out, but they were not able to do so and thus the blank badge. I'd be very happy to be wrong on this, but honestly I could have far worse problems with the vehicle.

Mine is a 5BW and the last three numbers on the steering wheel badge match the last three numbers of the VIN. Dunno.gif

My question is: why couldn't it be both build and serial number?

Food for thought.

Seems like entire carbon piece should be able to come off and swap wheels….I’ll likely pick up a suede one this spring and try it, I much prefer it to leather.
Hey... uhh... it's spring...

I get that the second number refers to the transmission and the last three numbers are the last three digits of the VIN, but what does the first number reflect? My steering wheel number is 86-475. I've got a '23 M6 CT5 BW.

I get that the second number refers to the transmission and the last three numbers are the last three digits of the VIN, but what does the first number reflect? My steering wheel number is 86-475. I've got a '23 M6 CT5 BW.
8 = 5
6 = manual (so 81 would be a 5 auto)
475 = the 475th build CT5vBW during the 2023 model year (note, there could be a 81-475 as well)

My question is: why couldn't it be both build and serial number?

Food for thought.
I believe that is correct. it is the serial number, but the serial numbers for manuals and automatics are the same except for the VIN code for the transmission. That's why in the registry there are cars with the same VIN code like this:

1715696612073.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners