Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Eibach lowering springs

CT5-V Model

FISH22

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5V BW Manual
So I received the new springs for my 5BW a couple weeks ago. However, I’m hesitant on the install. I always do my own work, so I’m not concerned about the actual job, I’m more concerned with the aftermath.

I know the Eibachs seem to be just the right height, but I’m worried the ride quality will be trashed. Quite the predicament; really want to remove some of the wheel gap, especially considering I have aftermarket Apex wheels on the car, but I’d prefer to not have a car that is bouncing and jolting down the road. The car is my daily, about 50 miles every weekday.

On my recent G80 M3, I installed the KW HAS kit. Was somewhat happy, but the ride definitely became more harsh, while not even being lowered that much. I expect the 5BW to be the same experience. Or not? How many of you have already installed the Eibach springs?

Here’s how the car sits now.

IMG_3176.jpeg

I already have nicked the chin spoiler (I do NOT have the carbon splitter) on my 5BW so I can't imagine wanting to lower it. Plus, I find the chassis dynamics to be so nice that I would have the same concerns you have about hurting that aspect.

I guess worst case scenario is you can swap the springs in and see how you like it. Only cost will be your time and an alignment (or 2 if you end up reverting to stock).

Would also like feedback. I lowered my G80 M3 with H&R and it wasn't much different in ride quality. I would like an OEM feel, but an inch lower.

Would also like feedback. I lowered my G80 M3 with H&R and it wasn't much different in ride quality. I would like an OEM feel, but an inch lower.
I would say this is what you are getting if you install the Eibachs. I installed them on my 5BW (stock wheels) recently and have not noticed any meaningful change in ride quality. While I do drive on the firmest setting >90% of the time, I would think you are pretty safe to install.

As another user mentioned though, they do lower the car just enough where you will have to be more aware of your front end when parking and when driving over elevation differences that could scrape your front end. I installed skip plate protectors to help prevent damage here.

Best of luck!

I already have nicked the chin spoiler (I do NOT have the carbon splitter) on my 5BW so I can't imagine wanting to lower it. Plus, I find the chassis dynamics to be so nice that I would have the same concerns you have about hurting that aspect.

I guess worst case scenario is you can swap the springs in and see how you like it. Only cost will be your time and an alignment (or 2 if you end up reverting to stock).
Great point. I sometimes forget that aspect. I already come pretty close to scraping my raceramps, I bet it would with the Eibach springs.

I would say this is what you are getting if you install the Eibachs. I installed them on my 5BW (stock wheels) recently and have not noticed any meaningful change in ride quality. While I do drive on the firmest setting >90% of the time, I would think you are pretty safe to install.

As another user mentioned though, they do lower the car just enough where you will have to be more aware of your front end when parking and when driving over elevation differences that could scrape your front end. I installed skip plate protectors to help prevent damage here.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the feedback, that’s great to know! I should invest in a lip protector just to play it safe.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back