Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is this a shipping block?!

Ok, how can anyone stall the 5 BW??? I'm not the best driver but in the 11 months I have owned the car I have never stalled it........ My BW will be having a birthday in 22 days!

I've stalled it in stop and go traffic going up Seattle hills.

Though what we call hills would be a mountain in Texas ;)

On the flip side, I've also accidentally started in 3rd and only noticed because I had to slip the clutch an oddly long time.

Update: got the shipping blocks removed. Kid then drove my car out of the service bay and promptly stalled the car right in front of me, smh...

On the plus side, the squeaking is gone and the front suspension doesn't feel so much like an oxcart now.
Just checked my car and they left the shipping blocks in mine. How do you remove them? Do I need to jack up the car?

find a safe spot to jack up the front from, remove the block, put it in the trunk. Those are included to ensure that if your car is pulled onto a flatbed (the only way to transport) it will have enough clearance to get onto the truck. There's a long thread on jacking up these cars...

I had my 2021 Civic Type R for 11k miles and after I sold it, the new buyer was switching out the wheels after driving a few hundred miles and found the shipping blocks. Even he had no idea they were there, and we both even did track days on it. It's a pretty common occurance for them and i'm pretty surprised that. it's common for Cadillacs too.

I had my 2021 Civic Type R for 11k miles and after I sold it, the new buyer was switching out the wheels after driving a few hundred miles and found the shipping blocks. Even he had no idea they were there, and we both even did track days on it. It's a pretty common occurance for them and i'm pretty surprised that. it's common for Cadillacs too.
That’s crazy! I was able to remove mine today after driving 600 miles. I can’t believe your situation with over 11k!

find a safe spot to jack up the front from, remove the block, put it in the trunk. Those are included to ensure that if your car is pulled onto a flatbed (the only way to transport) it will have enough clearance to get onto the truck. There's a long thread on jacking up these cars...
as breakdowns tend to go - some dark road, late, raining... the flatbed finally shows up with a steep ramp. How are the shipping blocks reinstalled?

driver with a floor jack jacks up the front slightly using the elusive jack points, you reach in and put the blocks in place. They go in fairly easily when there's some lifting force applied. It wasn't raining when I did it, but the light in my garage isn't very good

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back